Notice: DOES NOT require the base game Total War: SHOGUN 2 in order to play.
Available languages: EN/FR/DE/ES/IT/CZ/PL
Game with this symbol means that the game code is on stock and
is delivered to you instantly after your payment (i.e. PayPal).
The CD Key /
Serial is sent as a scan of the original retail box.
This proves your 100% ownership of the product in any case. The scan is
sent by email as well as kept in your orders archive so you can return
to it anytime in the future.
You register a unique account on the game producer´s website. The
registered account along with the key provided by us enables you to
download the game 100% legit from the producer´s servers. The download
is not limited in anyway: You may re-download the game on any PC
without any time or other restrictions unless described else in the
game description. There are no known territory limitations for key
activation unless mentioned otherwise on the product page.
Play on Steam:
The key provided by G2PLAY is an official Steam Key
(www.steampowered.com). It is activated via Steam, enables you to play
on official Steam servers and your game will be kept updated with the
latest patches via the Steam platform. To activate our key via Steam
simply download Steam, create a new account or login into your existing
account, click Games and Activate game on Steam.
About the Game
The standalone expansion to the award winning Total War:
SHOGUN 2 explores the conflict between the Imperial throne and the last
Shogunate in 19th century Japan, 400 years after the events of the
original game – a dramatic clash of traditional Samurai culture with the
explosive power of modern weaponry.
Guide ancient Japan into the modern age, as the arrival of
America, Britain and France incites a ferocious civil war which will
decide the future of the nation.
- Dramatic 19th century Japan setting
Based on the backdrop of the Boshin War period, the new campaign
starts in 1864, a time of growing resentment against Western colonial
power and influence. As Japan began to modernise and industrialise, the
inevitable social and economic changes led to increasingly militant
nationalism and antipathy towards the Shogunate.
- 6 new playable clans
Play as a clan supporting the Imperial throne, or the last Shogunate:
- Shogunate clans: Aizu, Nagaoka, Jozai
- Imperial clans: Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa
- New foreign powers
The American, British and French nations played an important part in
the story of the Boshin war and your relations with these foreign
powers will be integral to unit recruitment and to advancing your
- New 19th century Japan campaign map
- The new island of Ezo extends the SHOGUN 2 campaign map northwards.
- Fully refreshed towns and other campaign map features
reflect the different time period, with railways making their first
appearance in a Total War title.
- Railway lines on the campaign map
- Develop your own railway network to move armies and agents between your regions.
- Railways can be sabotaged and transport can be blocked by
enemy armies who take control of parts of the line or railway stations.
- 39 new land units
- Including modern ranged units - such as the Gatling gun and Armstrong gun - controllable in a new first-person mode.
- New units can also be recruited from foreign powers, including the British Royal Marines, US Marine Corps and French Marines.
- 10 new naval unit types with a total of 21 ships
- New steam-powered warships, heavily armed with modern artillery.
- Foreign ironclad ships can also be purchased, including the Warrior-class ironclad.
- New port siege battle type
- This new battle type triggers when attempting a naval assault on an occupied enemy port.
- The attacking fleet must sail into the harbour and capture the port, running the gauntlet of coastal gun defences.
- New land and sea unit interactions
- During a land battle, armies can call in offshore artillery support barrages.
- Conversely, costal gun emplacements can target enemy ships
during port siege battles, when ending their turn within the range of
upgraded coastal defences.
- Campaign map bombardments: offshore naval units can bombard
armies and cities in adjacent coastal areas on the campaign map itself.
- 3 new agent types
- The Foreign Veteran, the Ishin Shishi and the Shinshengumi.
- Each new agent has its own skill tree. Ninja and Geisha agents have had their skill trees updated.
- Improved siege battle mechanics
- New upgradable tower defences can be built with a specific defence specialty: archery, matchlock or Gatling gun.
- 4 new historical battles
Fight in 4 brand-new dramatic portrayals of the major historical battles of the Boshin War.
- Multiplayer 2.0
- New Conquest map reflecting the 19th century setting
- Brand-new Fall of the Samurai avatar, including:
- Over 40 new retainers
- Over 30 new armour pieces
- New 19th century avatar skill tree
- Multiple avatars: players can enjoy multiple careers and progression across Shogun 2 and Fall of The Samurai
The Limited Edition includes additional exclusive in-game Saga faction pack "The Emperor’s Diligence" - Centuries of trade with outsiders has given
the people of Saga an understanding of foreign and modern ways, allowing
them to adopt new military technology quickly.
Recommended System Requirements:
- CPU – Intel Core i3-2120T 2.6GHz or equivalent
- Graphics – Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB or equivalent
- RAM – 4GB
- HDD – 32GB
- OS – Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- DirectX 9/11
Go to: http://store.steampowered.com/
Click "Install Steam" (from the upper right corner)
Install and start application, login with your Account name and Password (create one if you don't have).
Please follow these instructions to activate a new retail purchase on Steam:
Launch Steam and log into your Steam account.
Click the Games Menu.
Choose Activate a Product on Steam...
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.